“Meditation is the key to seeing yourself… as well as to seeing beyond yourself. Seeing yourself is the first aspect, discovering all sorts of terrible things going on in you. Facing the possibilities and the realities of that is not all that bad. If you begin to do that, you are being an honest person. Then, beyond that, you have further vision. Your honesty allows you to realize your goodness. You do possess Buddha in your heart.” Chogyam Trungpa
Monday night group in Soquel.
In addition to Retreats, our WEEKLY meetup in Soquel (east side of Santa Cruz), offered for many years (at Shelley's Fitness) in which we have a lightly led (or silent) meditation period followed by a group inquiry, dialogue, exercise or a guest presentation/ program activity.
Mondays 7:15 - 8:45 PM, at Shelley's Fitness;
4845 Soquel Dr. Soquel, CA 95073
For more event information and to RSVP.
Next Daylong Meditation Event : TBA
We are looking for a new venue that is more centrally located to Santa Cruz, has access to outdoor space to enjoy, and is affordable - if you know of any possibilities - please email Amanda Stiler: email@example.com
This day is an invitation to take time out from your busy schedule, and simply reconnect to your relaxed and grounded self, or dive deeper into meditation with group support.
Some meditation sessions will be lightly guided for those new to meditation and not overly intrusive for experienced meditators.
- During meditation some of us sit in chairs, while others sit or lie on the floor.
- A talk will be offered by an experienced member.
- Hanna Somatic Educator, Kelli Peacock will also be joining us, to explore subtle, gentle body-mind movements, to relieve tension while sitting and laying down.
- Qigong Instructor, Amanda Stiler, will share some gentle embodied movement, to help bring more grounded ease, vitality and balance, when moving through life.
- something healthy to share for lunch
- a few blankets and/or yoga mat to insulate you from a hard floor
- and whatever you want to meditate on - cushions, mat, blankets etc for support and comfort
We will be observing silence in general.
For more details:
email Amanda Stiler: firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone (831) 419-0200
"Meditation is the art of allowing everything to simply be in the deepest possible way. The silence and stillness of meditation fosters an inward stability, objectivity, non-attachment, and depth of understanding unknown to the conceptual mind." ~ Adyashanti