SUMMER 5 Day Retreat
July 18 - 23, 2017
link to RETREAT REGISTRATION
Retreat is an opportunity to take an inward journey in the purifying waters of simplicity and attention. Being with what is... a gentle coming to awareness.
We feel the retreat experience is the ultimate catalyst for direct insight & the easiest way to tap into a concentrated, heightened awareness via group energy and experienced guidance.
- A daily schedule supporting deep silent meditation
- Gentle and supportive guided sessions that support Body awareness , like Qi gong with Amanda Stiler and Hanna Somatics with Kelli Peacock.
- Proximity to nature; the space of trees, birds, woods, sounds and surroundings is restful and healing to our nervous system, and helpful in meditation.
- Being together with those of similar intention & interest in clarity, a palpable pool of energy all can tap into.
- Everything is optional & you are encouraged to find what works for you.
- The retreat schedule is timed (bells) so the mind can take a rest from decisions and planning, making for immersion in a relaxed, energetic atmosphere.
- A wide variety of meditation postures are supported: chairs, benches, cross-legged, half lotus, seiza, standing meditation, walking meditation and others including lying down meditation, for those stressed, healing or in need of deep rest.
The retreat schedule / content we offer is based on extensive experience, to help guide and support the participant to the wisdom at the heart of Taoism, Zen Buddhism, Advaita Vedanta & Insight Meditation. We encourage the path of direct awareness via inquiry with a minimum of ritual, instruction or pressure. We feel it's important for each person to find their own way and encourage people to experiment with their own style and expression, supported with the option for private meetings for questions/ feedback or guidance, if desired.
We offer and encourage a group dialogue period, while understanding that it's not for everyone & is optional.
We ask everyone to participate in silence and once a day in a retreat job. (such as kitchen food prep, cleaning or tidying, etc.)
Retreat Fee includes lodging and meals:
$397 if you register by 9 June / $450 after June 9
Daily rate: $97 (2 day minimum)
Limited to 16 spaces. Secure your place with minimum $150 deposit.
Partial scholarships and payment plans available.
Accommodation is shared dorm-style or camping (bring your own gear).
click here for RETREAT REGISTRATION
Email Amanda: SantaCruzMeditationRetreats@gmail.com
or phone (831) 419-0200
Retreat Venue : The retreat will be held at Camp Salamander, a private camp situated in the Santa Cruz Mountains, south of Los Gatos, CA, devoted to retreats in meditation and the arts. Three beautiful yurts, surrounded by redwood decks.
Designed as a place for groups of 20 or less to meditate, move and walk in the surrounding forest, hot tub soak, and gather around a campfire. Acres of undeveloped forested slopes surround the camp. Enjoy the freedom of walking the trails in the moonlight, trace a stone labyrinth and rest in an open meadow.
Camp Salamander Pics below